Psychology A-Level at The Swan
Psychology is the study of people, the mind and behaviour. It is a popular subject with students because it has a big impact on all areas of life, such as education, health, the economy, industry and crime. If you are interested in finding out why people behave the way they do or how the brain works then psychology could be for you. There are a fascinating range of topics such as:
- The reliability of our memories
- What factors influence obedience to authority? Would you do anything that an authority figure tells you to do?
- Do watching aggressive acts cause us to act more aggressively ourselves?
- Can chimpanzees learn sign language?
- What happens to our brains when we dream?
- What is going on inside the minds of gambling addicts?
Taking an A-Level in Psychology will give you a good grounding in the subject and will help to decide whether you would like to become a professional psychologist. These people may work in research, in the healthcare system (as therapists or clinical psychologists), in business (as occupational psychologists) or in the Prison system (as forensic psychologists). Psychology is also useful in many other careers because it develops a number of transferable skills which are useful in many jobs and professions.
5 Science and 5 English Language or Literature
AQA Psychology (7182)