Uniform And Equipment
The Swan School has a uniform to embed our professional learning environment. Also, it helps to create an ‘even playing field’ amongst our students and reduces the risk of discrimination and bullying. Our school uniform is designed to be smart, practical, durable, and affordable. All of our uniform must be bought from our uniform supplier, Price and Buckland.
All students must come to school in correct uniform and fully equipped. They will receive a detention if they do not meet our expectations. Spare equipment is available to buy from the school office at cost price every day.
Hair & Make-Up – students are not permitted to wear any make-up (including nail polish or acrylic nails) to school. Any students wearing make-up will be asked to remove it and may be sanctioned. Hair must be worn in a natural, professional style. Long hair must be able to be tied back for sports and science activities.
Jewellery – the only items of jewellery permitted are a plain watch and small, discreet stud earrings. Other items may be confiscated and students sanctioned.
- White shirt/blouse with the swan logo
- Grey trousers/skirt with the swan logo
- Navy jumper/cardigan with green trim
- Black, polishable shoes (no heels or trainers)
- Navy PE polo top with green panels
- Navy shorts/skort
- Navy sports socks with green stripe
- Navy long-sleeved sports top with green panels and piping OR Navy sports sweatshirt with green panels and piping
- Navy tracksuit bottoms (optional)
- Sports (not fashion) trainers suitable for a range of activities
- Plain, dark-coloured winter coat (no hoodies/logos) – we recommend a waterproof item. A high-visibility cycling jacket is also acceptable.
- Plain black or grey socks/tights
- Practical, plain, dark-coloured school bag, large enough to hold all school equipment required. We recommend a rucksack. A high-visibility cycling bag is also acceptable.
- Large, clear pencil case
- 2 x black/blue pen
- 2 x pencil
- Green pen
- Ruler (we recommend 30cm)
- Scientific calculator (fx‑85GTX)
- Student planner and homework jotter – will be provided by the school
- Reading Book