National Lockdown (Jan/Feb 2021)
IMPORTANT – Information for parents/carers
In light of the government’s announcement on Monday 4th January about the national lockdown, please find information below about The Swan School’s arrangements to ensure that your child receives the very best possible education despite these difficult times.
The key points are as follows with more detail provided in the letters below:
- School will be closed for the majority of students from 4th January until February half term (provisionally).
- All students will now learn using ‘distance learning’ resources.
- The children of key workers and some targeted students will continue to attend on-site provision.
- All families will be contacted at least every two weeks to check on student welfare and offer support.
- Staff and students on-site will now be tested for COVID-19 using lateral flow tests to help identify asymptomatic carriers of the virus. We intend to mass-test all other students before they return to school at the end of lockdown.